Technology Work Order Form
Step 1: Select your school
Step 2: Complete the form
Step 3: Press "send now"
Gaggle Email App for iPhone and Android
With Gaggle's iPhone/Android App, experience increased communication and productivity. Gaggle's communication, collaboration and productivity tools are designed specifically for K-12 students and teachers.
IPhone Download or Go App Store on your mobile device. Click Search. Type Gaggle in the search field. Then click download.
Jeff Davis Technology Director
Robert Bayless, CNA, A+ Network Engineer
Tie-Reace Hollingsworth, A+ Support Technician
Daniel Thigpen, A+ Support Technician
What We Do:
- Develop and strategize the district's technology plan
- Assist the district in technology implementation
- Install and maintain the district's computer networks
- Maintain the district's computer hardware and software
- Provide training to faculty and staff in utilizing these technologies
- Administer the district's intranet and internet sites
- Our administrative network is on an IBM AS/400 platform with host-to-PC connectivity and intranet connection to our office PC's through a LAN running on a Pentium 4-based PCs and Novell NetWare/MS Server 2003/8.
- Our district provides Internet and Intranet connectivity thru an Multi Protocol Layered Switch technology providing 6 Megs of bandwidth via Fiber to each of our sites except for LHS which is on a 9 Meg Fiber circuit.
- Our district WAN connects all of our schools to the central offices using Cisco routers on a 1000 (Gigabit) BASE-TX switched network with a Layer 3 Core .
- Most of our classrooms have five or more PC's connected to school-wide LAN's which are in turn connected to our district WAN/intranet via Cisco routers and high-speed data lines. Additionally each subject area teacher has a Windows 7 laptop connecting via wireless.
- Our vocational center has over 200 state-of-the-art PC's used in the classroom to teach technological skills to the students. Our student career center uses a computerized career search and discovery program to help students plan their careers and choose colleges.
- All of our schools' libraries are automated with on-line card catalogs, electronic research resources, and internet connectivity. They are all connected to the school-wide LAN's and district WAN, running Novell NetWare and Follett Software Company's Unison library automation products and Destiny.
Instructions for setting up School Email on your personal smart phone:
How to set up Gaggle email on a smart phone
POP/IMAP settings for iPhone
The Laurel School District's antivirus protection is provided by Avast Business Security.