Mission, Vision, Goals
The mission of the Laurel School District is to build a community of lifelong learners by providing diverse educational opportunities.
The vision of the Laurel School District is to provide all children with the skills to be lifelong learners upon graduation from the Laurel School District by cultivating a climate within each school in which students feel safe and learning is engaging and challenging.
- All children can learn.
- Students learn best in a safe, orderly, and supportive learning environment that is conducive to learning and teaching.
- Increased parental and stakeholder communication and involvement will promote continuous improvement.
- Research-based innovative instructional strategies strengthen instruction and learning.
2018-2019 District Goals
- We will increase student achievement at all schools yearly.
- We will maintain a safe school climate in every school.
- The district will maintain a sound financial fund balance of seven percent (7%).